- Town Hall
Plans & Reports
Township Financial Reports
Financial information reports have been received from the Auditors, Grant Thornton. To view the reports click on the report of interest.
- 2018 Consolidated Financial Statements
- 2018 Trust Funds Financial Statements
- 2018 Fire Department Financial Statements
- 2017 Consolidated Financial Statements
- 2017 Trust Funds Financial Statements
- 2017 Fire Department Financial Statements
- 2016 Consolidated Financial Statements
- 2016 Trust Funds Financial Statements
- 2016 Fire Department Financial Statements
- 2016 Landfill Financial Statements
- 2016 Arena Financial Statements
- 2016 Library Financial Statements
- 2015 Consolidated Financial Statements
- 2015 Trust Funds Financial Statements
- 2015 Fire Department Financial Statements
- 2014 Consolidated Financial Statements
- 2014 Trust Funds Financial Statements
- 2014 Fire Department Financial Statements
Council Remuneration and Expense Reports
Asset Management Plan
- 2019 Strategic Asset Management Policy
- Ryerson Township Asset Management Plan December 2016
- Appendix A Yearly Revenue and Expenditure Summary
- Appendix B List of Projects
- Appendix C Levels of Service
- Appendix D Asset Management Strategy
- Appendix E Life Cycle Cost Analysis
- Appendix F Low Risk Long Term Debt Level
- Appendix G Tally of Cumulative Debt Repayments
Burk’s Falls, Armour, Ryerson Investment Readiness Study
In conjunction with the Village of Burk’s Falls and Armour Township, Ryerson and the South Almaguin Highlands Economic Development (SAHED) Committee contracted John Finley Consulting to prepare an Investment Readiness Study for the area. Through generous support from the Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation (NOHFC), the Ontario Ministry of Northern Development and Mines, and NECO Community Futures Development Corporation, this study will help direct SAHED, residents, and both new and existing businesses in their commercial endeavours in our communities. The Investment Readiness Study and the accompanying Community Profile can be accessed by clicking the link below.
Energy Consumption and Greenhouse Gas Emissions
Effective January 1, 2019, the Green Energy Act, 2009, and its regulations were repealed. Ontario Regulation 507/18 ‘Broader Public Sector: Energy Reporting and Conservation Demand Management Plans’ was instituted to replace OREG 397/11 ‘Energy Conservation and Demand Management Plans’. No changes were made to the regulation when it was replaced.
OREG 507/18 requires that a summary of every public agency’s annual energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions be posted on their website, including a list of the energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions for the year, with respect to each of the public agency’s operations that is conducted in buildings or facilities the public agency owns or leases. To view this report for Ryerson Township, please click on the report of interest.
- Energy Report 2017
- Energy Report 2016
- Energy Report 2015
- Energy Report 2014
- Energy Report 2013
- Energy Report 2012
- Energy Report 2011
OREG 507/18 also requires municipalities to prepare and post an updated five-year Energy Conservation and Demand Management (CDM) plan for all Township operations. To view the 2019 CDM update, please click here. The 2014 CDM plan can be found here.
Township of Ryerson Accessibility Plan
The purpose of the Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2001 (ODA) is to improve opportunities for people with disabilities and to provide for their involvement in the identification and prevention of barriers to their full participation in life. Under the ODA local accessibility advisory committees were established and municipalities were required to have an annual accessibility plan in place. In 2005 the Provincial Government passed the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). The intent of this legislation is to make Ontario fully accessible for people with disabilities by 2025. The AODA proposes that standards be developed in the following areas to ensure a barrier-free environment for people with disabilities, customer service, transportation, information and communications, built environment, and employment. To view the Accessibility Plan click the link below.
- Accessibility Plan 2018 (Adopted February 7, 2018)
- 2017 Accessibility Compliance Report
- 2019 Accessibility Annual Status Report
- 2019 Accessibility Compliance Report
Emergency Response Plan
The Emergency Response Plan has been prepared as part of the Emergency Management Plan. The Township’s Emergency Response Plan has been prepared to assign responsibilities, procedures and general written guidelines for the immediate response of Ryerson key officials in the event of an emergency situation or impending emergency situation. Emergency Management Ontario has the responsibility of seeing that all Municipalities have prepared an Emergency Management Plan. The framework for the creation of these plans and the requirements of the Emergency Plans are established in the Emergency Management Act. To view this report and guide for emergencies, click the item of interest.
Comprehensive Zoning By-law
Following a Public Meeting Saturday, September 27, 2014, Council has passed the Comprehensive Zoning By-law 56-14 on the 21 October, 2014. The Zoning By-law is a legal document that applies to all types of properties and regulates how land can be used and the required standards such as lot sizes, building types, setbacks from property lines and other features, provisions. The documents that make up the complete by-law can be viewed below.
Documents regarding the Magnetawan River Valley. To view the By-Laws and Schedules, click the item of interest.
- Ryerson Magnetawan River Valley Filling and Site Alteration Control By-Law 11-12
- Control By-Law 11-12 Schedule A
- Control By-Law 11-12 Schedule A1
- Ryerson Site Plan Control By-law 12-12
- Control By-Law 12-12 Schedule A
- Control By-Law 12-12 Schedule A1
Studies relating to the proposed Thompson Pit & Quarry: