- Town Hall
Current Tax Sales
Full information packages can also be ordered by visiting https://ontariotaxsales.ca/
Purchasing a Tax Sale Property
To bid on a tax sale property, the following 5 steps must be completed:
- Determine your bid amount, which must be greater than the minimum tender amount
- Complete Form 7- Tender to Purchase
- Obtain a money order, bank draft, or certified cheque of at least 20% of your bid amount
- Insert your completed Form 7 and bid deposit in a sealed envelope with the required information. The sealed envelope must be addressed to the Treasurer, must indicate that it is for a tax sale, and must provide a short description or municipal address of the land sufficient to identify the parcel of land to which the tender relates
- Submit your tender in person at**, or by courier or mail to, 28 Midlothian Road, RR1, Burks Falls ON P0A 1C0. The submission must be received prior to the closing date and time.
**Note: the Township of Ryerson is temporarily relocated while the office is being renovated. We highly recommend calling the office at (705) 382-3232 or emailing email@example.com PRIOR to making a submission, to ensure the parcel is delivered to the correct location. All in-person or couriered submissions should be delivered to the temporary location:
162 Huston Street Basement
Burk’s Falls, ON P0A 1C0
Frequently Asked Questions
For answers to some frequently asked questions regarding the tax sale process, please refer to the OTS website by clicking here.
Please also refer to OREG 181/03 for a review of the legislation governing the tax sale process.