- Town Hall
BURK’S FALLS & DISTRICT FIRE DEPARTMENT
162 Main Street, P.O. Box 70
Phone 705-382-4010 / Fax 705-382-2273
GUIDE TO FIRE RATINGS
• No daytime burning permitted between 10am to 6pm from April 1st to October 31st.
• No accelerants are permitted.
• You are required to have at least 2 pails of water, shovels, and anything that can assist in containing or extinguishing the fire should it spread from its origin.
• All fires must be under constant supervision and control from time of lighting until it is totally extinguished. Use plenty of water to extinguish the fire.
• If you have any questions with regards to fire safety, please do not hesitate to contact the Fire Prevention Office at the above contact details.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q. Can I get a burn permit?
A. NO – We do not issue burn permit for domestic burning.
We issue a general contractor burn permit for land clearing for new builds ONLY.
This requires a fire safety inspection of property before and while burning; there is a cost involved.
Q. Can I have a campfire while the fire rating is on HIGH?
A. YES – Follow the guidelines as set out in the explanation of HIGH and notes below the explanations.
All fires are to be fully extinguished before leaving.
Q. Can I burn furniture, bed mattresses, and household rubbish?
A. NO – Do not burn anything that is environmentally unfriendly. Untreated or natural materials only.
Q. Can I have a campfire when the rating is at EXTREME?
A. NO – No fires are permitted.
Q. When can I set fireworks?
A. ONLY – When the fire rating is LOW or MODERATE.
Read the manufactures instruction prior setting fireworks. Please be responsible when setting fireworks. Though they are fun to watch, once in the air, they are unpredictable.
Q. Can I light and release Chinese lantern’s?
NO – The are By-Laws in the municipalities of Burk’s Falls, Ryerson and Armour that prohibit this action.