Land use planning in Ryerson Township is governed by a number of By-Laws and policies including the Planning Act, Provincial Policy Statement (2014), Township of Ryerson Official Plan (2012), Zoning By-law (2014), and other legislative requirements.
If you are considering submitting a development application or proposal, please refer to the documents below and contact the Clerk’s Department to learn about the pre-consultation process. Municipal planning staff are available to provide general information regarding land use issues, and assist in processing a variety of development applications.
Planning inquiries will be answered on Thursdays only. To help ensure quick turnaround times, please submit as much information as possible in the following form and return by email to the Deputy Clerk.
Comprehensive Zoning By-Law
The Zoning By-law is a legal document that applies to all types of properties and regulates how land can be used and the required standards such as lot sizes, building types, setbacks from property lines and other features or provisions. Please note: the Zoning by-law 56-14 Schedules supersede the Official Plan Schedules which were published earlier. The documents that make up the complete by-law can be viewed below.
Ryerson Township’s Official Plan was approved by the Ontario Municipal Board on June 4, 2012. To view the Official Plan and Documents, click the item of interest. Please note: the Zoning By-law 56-14 schedules above supersede these Official Plan schedules which were published earlier.
The purpose of an Official Plan is to:
- Establish goals - A goal is a desired state that reflects the long-range purpose of a Plan and is related to a major area of concern;
- Establish objectives - An objective is a short-range step toward the goal. It is concrete, realistic, action-oriented and attainable within a short period. The achievement of an objective should move the goal closer to reality;
- Establish general policies concerned with the shaping and guiding of the physical growth and arrangement of the Township;
- Balance the social and economic needs of the Township while protecting the physical and natural resources in order to obtain the most desirable physical environment for the Township's present and future residents;
- Guide both municipal Council and staff, along with private interests, in such a way as to ensure the best form of development under the most desirable conditions; and
- Guide and direct future development in a logical and orderly manner to ensure a resulting healthy growth pattern which will benefit the Township's present and future residents.
Additional Planning By-Laws
- Application for Minor Variance or For Permission
- Application Form Zoning By-law Amendment
- Application for Fill and Site Alteration Permit
- Application for Entrance Permit (By-law 41-14)
- Application for Civic Address
Severances And Subdivisions
Applications for consent (severances) and subdivisions are administered by the Southeast Parry Sound District Planning Board.
Hours: Monday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Mailing Address: Please contact Linda directly for mailing address.
Phone: (705) 787-5070