Booking an Inspection
It is your responsibility to book the necessary inspections during building. In general, an inspection is required before covering something up. All documents & plans stamped by the Township of Strong must remain on site in order for the inspections to take place.
Please contact :
Chief Building Official
28 Municipal Lane
Joint Building Committee PO Box 1120
Sundridge, ON P0A 1Z0
Phone: 705-384-9444 Ext 1
The following list outlines typical inspections. Other inspections may be required for non-residential structures.
• Pre Footing - readiness to construct the footings, prior to pouring
• Pre Backfill - completion of the footings and foundation, installation of weeping tile and gravel cover, prior to backfilling
• ICF / Solid Concrete Walls - completion of reinforced insulated concrete forms (ICF) and solid concrete forms, prior to pouring
• Framing - completion of structural framing
• HVAC - completion of the Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning systems
• Plumbing - installation of underground and/or above ground plumbing systems. A pressure test is required to be on for observation by the inspector, prior to arrival.
• Insulation & Vapour Barrier - completion of insulation/vapor barrier
• Air Barrier - completion of the air barrier
• Occupancy - conditions for residential occupancy generally include the following; required exits, handrails and guards, smoke detectors / carbon monoxide detectors, exhaust fume barriers and self closing devices. Water supply, sewage disposal, heating and lighting must all be operational.
• Solid Fuel Appliance - after appliance is installed, but prior to covering anything up
• Final - completion of the entire project
• Demolition - after structure is demolished
NOTE: No Buildings shall be occupied until such time an occupancy permit is granted or a final inspection has been given by the Building Department.