- For Provincial updates, visit: ontario.ca/coronavirus
- For Federal updates, visit the Public Health Agency of Canada website
- Visit the North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit website for information about the disease including, how to protect yourself, symptoms and treatment and updates as they become available.
Township And Area Closures:
- Ryerson Township’s Annual 2020 Yard Sale is cancelled
- The 2020 Rabies Clinics have been cancelled
- Ryerson Township Town Hall Meeting July 3rd, 2020 is cancelled
- Notice: Building Department COVID-19 Notice
- COVID-19 Provincewide Shutdown
- COVID-19 Vaccination Distribution Plan
- Service Canada Online Services
- Notice regarding COVID-19 cases in public schools
- To serve our businesses throughout the region during the COVID-19 crises, the ACED Team has developed a COVID-19 specific web page that is dedicated to providing easy access to financial support programs, best practices and other resources. Here is the link to the page: https://investalmaguin.ca/covid-19/
- Stay Home – Support Local campaign – Almaguin Facebook Page (https://www.facebook.com/ShopAlmaguin/)
- Parry Sound Health Unit Online Portal to Check COVID-19 Test Results
- Parry Sound Health Unit COVID-19 Cases in our District
- NB/PS Health Unit Mandatory Face Coverings
- Province of Ontario Emergency Order
- Landfill Public Notice April 2, 2020
- Learn at Home Learning Resources for Students
- Arena Closure March 13 – April 3, 2020
- DSSAB Closure Closed to Public Effective March 20, 2020
- Public Health Notice Self-Isolation: Guide for Caregivers
- Public Health Notice How to Self-Isolate
- Public Health Notice Prevent the Spread of COVID-19
- Burk’s Falls Food Bank Donations Needed
- The Heritage Centre (museum) is closed
- ACED has also launched the Stay Home – Support Local campaign on the Shop in Almaguin Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/ShopAlmaguin/. Visit their Facebook page for more information.
2020 Assessment Update Postponed
As part of the Ontario Government’s Economic and Fiscal Update on March 25, the Hon. Rod Phillips, Minister of Finance, announced the Province’s decision to postpone the 2020 Assessment Update.
The Ontario Government has indicated that property assessments for the 2021 property tax year will continue to be based on the fully phased-in January 1, 2016 current values. This means your property assessment for the 2021 property tax year will be the same as the 2020 tax year, unless there have been changes to your property.
Request For Reconsideration Deadline Extended
The Request for Reconsideration (RfR) deadline for property owners who disagree with their property assessment is usually March 31 of the applicable tax year. We have extended the 2020 RfR deadline to fall 16 days after the Province lifts its COVID-19 Declaration of Emergency.
Amended Notice Mailing Postponed
We postponed our March 30th mailing of Post Roll Amended Notices (PRANs), which are sent to property owners throughout the year if there are changes in the assessed value of their property as a result of a change in classification, tax status or the result of a factual error(s). A PRAN corrects the assessment(s) provided in a previously issued Property Assessment Notice.